- Version 1.3.3
- Download 1
- File Size 13.2
- File Count 1
- Create Date October 24, 2021
- Last Updated November 25, 2021
HandBrake Video Transcoder
Just a few of the reasons you'll love HandBrake
Built-in Device Presets
Get started with HandBrake in seconds by choosing a profile optimised for your device, or choose a universal profile for standard or high quality conversions. Simple, easy, fast. For those that want more choice, tweak many basic and advanced options to improve your encodes.
Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
- Video Encoders: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8, VP9 and Theora
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC and MP3 tracks
Even more features
- Title / chapter and range selection
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Static and Video Preview
Most of HandBrake's source code is covered by the GNU General Public License, version 2. A copy of which is included with every release in the COPYING file. Portions are covered under BSD 3 Clause.
HandBrake uses a lot of (L)GPL or BSD licensed libraries: A list of these is available here. Thank their authors!
Current Version: 1.4.2
For 10.12 and later
Please take note that HandBrake.fr is the only official place where HandBrake can be downloaded from.
There are many unofficial mirrors of HandBrake and while most of them offer legit versions of HandBrake, there are a few that don't.
You can verify the integrity and authenticity of your download with the details below.
GPG - Verify the authenticity of your download
You can use these to verify that the downloaded file was actually created by us.
Verify the integrity your Download with Checksums
You can verify the integrity of your download by comparing the SHA1 or SHA256 hash of your downloaded file with the hashes provided on the following page.
Please see the Checksums page.